Mid way through week one of our 42 days to fit challenge – How you holdin’ up?
Now, normally I would post a new workout being that it’s wednesday and all but over the next few weeks we will mix things up a little. A new exercise challenge will be shared through the wonderful Brandy over at The Marathon Mom on Mondays so Wednesdays I think we will just talk about something else workout related, sound ok?
I know we are all crazy busy and have a million things to do and no where near enough time to do them in but today I want to talk about incidental exercise . Incidental exercise is the exercise we get doing our basic and general activities of daily living. Laundry, running errands, cooking dinner that sort of thing.
So today I want to encourage you to look for a few ways you can increase your incidental activities.
– Take the stairs instead of the lift
– Get off the bus one stop early and walk the rest of the way.
– Leave the remote on top of the TV and actually get up to change the channel.
– Walk to the store to pick up some bread or milk instead of taking the car
– Park further away from the shopping centre entrance instead of hunting the closest possible parking space.
Not only will increasing our incidental exercise help us get fit and well on the way to achieving our weight loss goals, you may find yourself with more energy to get those pesky chores down with more time to play and enjoy your adorable little family. Who doesn’t want that, right?