It’s that time again . . . time for another Plank challenge!!!!!
Are you ready to see how much stronger you are since our last plank off?
I’ve talked before about how much I love a good old fashioned plank. I mean come on, one exercise that will work your core, quads, glutes, abs, shoulders, chest, back and arms all at the same time?
Love, love, love it!
Not to mentions its free and totally portable. Seriously people what’s not to love?
Here’s how this is going to work . . . grab yourself a timer, find yourself a comfortable surface , get your game face on and let’s do this.
So, lets break down the how to’s for those of us who are new to planking –
- Lie face down on mat resting on the floor, palms down flat on the floor.
- Push up off the floor resting on your elbows (you can push up with arms straight if you prefer). Legs out straight behind you.
- Keep your back flat with neutral spine (a straight line from head to heels).
- Brace/contract your abdominals make sure you don’t stick your butt up in the air or have your body sagging in the middle.
- Hold, as long as you can . . . You can click here to get a link to a video if you’d prefer to see how it’s done
I have to tell you, 1 minute in . . . my shoulders were starting to burn a little . . . 2 1/2 mins in and my abs were on fire . . . 3 1/2 mins in and my quads were shaking . . . after that I zoned out, feel the burn people, feel. the. buuuurrrrnnnnnnnnnn.
Here’s my current best time –
Share your results in the comments below or over on our Facebook page.