Ok people today I’m making it a fasty but a goody are you ready?
Today my friends we are having a plank off!
You heard me . . . a plank off.
I have talked before about how much I (finally) love, love, love push ups and a plank (to me) is like a push up on crack.
And I mean that in the best possible way.
How else can you work your core, quads, glutes, abs, shoulders, chest, back and arms all at the same time . . . and without moving (full body muscle shakes don’t count ;))!
Ugh I love it.
So, lets break down the how to’s for those of us who are new to planking –
- Lie face down on mat resting on the floor, palms down flat on the floor.
- Push up off the floor resting on your elbows (you can push up with arms straight if you prefer). Legs out straight behind you.
- Keep your back flat with neutral spine (a straight line from head to heels).
- Brace/contract your abdominals make sure you don’t stick your butt up in the air or have your body sagging in the middle.
- Hold, as long as you can . . . You can click here to get a link to a video if you’d prefer to see how it’s done
My shoulders, arms, quads, abs were burning . . . like seriously on fire, dripping sweat and shaking like a scuured lil puppy!
So hot right now 😉
Here is my best time –
How’d you do?
Feel free to leave your results in the comments below or over on our Facebook page.
What’s your workout plan today?