I hereby declare the first wednesday of every month our Plank Challenge day!!!!
From this day forward, the first wednesday of each month we will get our plank on. Set your reminders people, it’s about to get real
The reason for this little “throw down” is really just a little fun, some healthy competition to give
me us all some accountability. I just thought it might be a fun way to see how much stronger we have become in the month that was. I love how a “simple” plank can work and target the entire body - core, quads, glutes, abs, shoulders, chest, back and arms . . . did I miss anything?!
So, a monthly plank challenge it is!
Are you in?
Of course you are. You’re awesome like that.
So, lets break down the how to’s for those of us who are new to planking -
- Lie face down on mat resting on the floor, palms down flat on the floor.
- Push up off the floor resting on your elbow or you can push up with arms fully extended if you prefer.
- Legs out straight behind you.
- Keep your back flat with neutral spine (a straight line from head to heels).
- Brace/contract your abdominals make sure you don’t stick your butt up in the air or have your body sagging in the middle.
- Hold, as long as you can . . .
This is my preferred method of planking, on the elbows . . .
Here I am with arms fully extended, do what you feel people as long as your getting it done . . . deal?
You can click here to get a link to a video demo if you like
Now get your stop watch ready, and go!
Here’s how I did this month -
Holla! Love it.
Don’t forget to share your results. You. Can. Do. It!!!!!