A few weeks ago Stace shared 10 simple weightloss tips, ones you can stick with for the long haul. This journey to better health and fitness is not a quick fix. It’s is something that requires commitment and ongoing maintenance.
Unfortunately there is no magic pill . . . wait, don’t leave. There are a few things you can do to make this journey more enjoyable . . . a journey you may even come to love and look forward to working on, daily.
One of the biggest things I think is finding the reason why you want to be a fitter, healthier version of the beautiful person you are right here and now. We covered it in our keys to fitness series I know, but I just wanted to mention it again because finding your why is so important and so, so helpful.
It can’t be because, “My family is nagging me to get into better shape.” It can’t be for anybody else.
Although wanting to look good for your husband is a great goal, wanting to be fit and healthy so you can play with your kids is a wonderful why. It just has to be something you want to do for you. Not something you are doing for somebody else. It has to be for you.
Here are some questions Stace shared to help find your why in our keys to fitness series, I will share them again but feel free to click here if you want to re-read all she had to share (she’s a super smart, ah-mazing woman, sweet sister of mine) –
Ten Questions to ponder in order to find your why:
1. How do you feel on a day to day basis? Physically? Mentally?
2. How would you like to feel on a day to day basis? Physically? Mentally?
3. What would your life look like if you were in better health?
4. If you keep living the way you are now, what do you expect your life to look like in 10 years?
5. If you could be in the best shape of your life, what could you accomplish? A dream realized? Desire fulfilled?
6. How would being in better health benefit your family?
7. How would being in better health benefit you personally?
8. Are there any diseases that run in your family which could be avoided by making healthier lifestyle choices?
9. Do you have a school or family reunion coming up
10. If you’re unhappy with where you are, how did you get here? What can you do to take the first step to a new life where you are physically and mentally in the best shape you can possibly be?
It needs to be personal, and seriously motivating. Something that will keep you keeping on when your motivation is some what . . . lacking. We all have days that we don’t want to work out because we are busy, and tired . . . life is hard . . . finding your why will help you keep pushing on. It will be what brings your closer to be the fittest, healthiest version of your ah-mazing self that you can be.
It can be what makes all the difference.
When you can, take a few minutes to st down with a pen and paper or even just use the notes app in your smartphone or iPod and make a little list of reasons why. Then set them as an alarm in your phone right before your scheduled workout time . . . talk about instant motivation boost!
For me . . . I want to be the happiest, healthiest wife and mother. I want to look and feel good so I can be (and give) the best to my family. I want to be a good example to my daughter and to my friends and family. I want to be comfortable in my own skin. I am a work in progress. As we grow and change daily, so can your reasons why.
Take time to re-evaluate. Although our paths are physically separate, we are in this together. You are not alone.
Dig deep and keep it simple but keep it real.
Do it for you, because you my friend are so worth it.