I was making a batch of our favorite homemade protein bars today and I thought you guys might like to try out this recipe too. If making your own protein bars is your kinda thing
We love these bars. They are so easy to make, way cheaper than anything you get at the store and they don’t have any weird ingredients.
Win, win, win right?
They take no time at all to make and are seriously delicious!
The recipe I use is one that I have slightly adapted from Money Saving Mom. To check out the original recipe click here but be sure to stop by the wonderful website Crystal has built she has so many wonderful things to share
So, here is the recipe for our fave homemade protein bars –
Homemade Protein Bars
1 Banana, mashed
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup peanut butter
2-4 scoops of your favorite protein powder (ours is chocolate Shakeology MMmMMM so, so good!)
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup sultanas (raisins and cranberries are deeelicious too)
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup chocolate chips
– In a medium bowl mash the banana.
– Add coconut oil and peanut butter and stir with a fork until well combined.
– Add coconut, oats, protein powder and water and stir until well combined.
– Finally add your sultanas and stir to combine.
– Line a loaf pan with baking paper and spoon “batter” in, press down to smooth and make sure it reaches the edges.
– Place in the freezer until firm (at least 2 hours usually)
Once set –
– Melt chocolate then remove the protein bars from loaf pan and cut into whatever size bars you like. (We usually get 8 :))
– Dip one side of each protein bar into the melted chocolate then set onto parchment paper to set (it should only take a few seconds as the bars as super cold from the freezer)
– Drizzle the tops with remaining melted chocolate (if there is any)
– Once the chocolate has set, wrap in cling film and store in the freeze until ready to eat.
So easy, so handy, so delicious!
Whats your favorite snack for when you’re on the go?